- To save time when booking an Appointment, you can now email the current or any future Appointment to patients right after the appointment is created.
HOW TO USE: Right-click on the appointment just created and choose to “Email Appointment to Patient.” The patient will receive the email along with an attached “Appointment Link” to click and add the appointment to their personal calendar with the Appointment Date and Time.
- For convenience, we added the ability to email Payment History right from the Payment History screen. As with other email options, the Payment History will be in a PDF attached to the email.
- Also for convenience, “Account Summary for Current Patient” and “Account Summary for Family” printout can now be emailed. These two printouts are located under the Reports menu. As with other email options, these printouts are sent as PDF attached to the email.
TO SET UP EMAIL CONTENT FOR ALL OF THE ABOVE: Go to System > Preferences > Location Preferences > Reports. Once here you can update for the following:
- “Default subject and message for payment history emails to patient”
- “Default subject and message for tax receipt emails to patient”
- “Subject and message for calendar appointment email”
- TO SET SENDING SETTINGS FOR INDIVIDUAL PATIENT / FAMILY EMAILS: Go to System > Practice and Locations > select your location on the left > Sending Email Settings. Enter your office email address, Display Name and email password. You will need the SMTP settings for your email address. If your office email address is one of the following: “@gmail.com”, “@outlook.com”, “@yahoo.ca”, @shaw.ca”, “@rogers.com” or something similar, we can assist with locating those SMTP settings. If your email address is customized for your office and to login you go somewhere other than Google, then you need these settings from your tech.
Patient Ledger and Accounting Operations:
- To manage all members of a family’s recall, we added an option to see the entire family’s Recalls on the same tab. The button is the same as the Family button on the Appointments tab.
- This same button also controls what is displayed in the “Call History” section of the Recall tab.
- To make it easier to book a Recall, we added a Book Appointment button. When clicked, the patient’s Recalls are displayed and you can select one to book. Once selected, the Scheduler is opened to the Recall Date to find a date/time to book the patient.
Reports and Printouts:
Transfer Balance Payment Report
- New report to show payments on Transfer Balance entries by Provider for use with Payments by Treatment Provider for Associates. Transfer Balance entries have a Billing Provider only assigned to them as there are no codes on these invoices. This report in conjunction with the Payments by Treatment Provider Report provides a more complete total of payments collected for each Associate.
MaxiPlanner – Scheduler
Unscheduled Appointment Manager
- Added option to access the Unscheduled Appointment Manager from Maxident under Operations > Show Unscheduled Appointments. This allows you to check any Unscheduled Appointments from Maxident quickly instead of going to the Scheduler. Unscheduled Appointments can be added, edited or deleted from this window, however, moving to an Appointment still has to be done from the Scheduler.
- To help you ensure all appointments are confirmed, we created a feature that was designed to allow you to see all appointments in a listview to make it easier to tell which appointment needs to be called to get a confirmation.
It’s found under View > Appointment Confirmation Manager. This list shows patients who have upcoming appointments along with their Status, Appointment Date, Time, and patient phone number.
Status can be updated directly from this list. A Date Range option is provided at the bottom of the window to change the display parameters when checking on upcoming patient appointments.
Note: it’s especially helpful if you have more than one way of getting confirmation. E.g. Email, SMS messages, or phone.
To better help you track Unscheduled Appointments, you can now set a Status to help identify it. When the Unscheduled Appointment is moved to a scheduled Appointment, the Status will change to the default Booked and can be updated to an appropriate status if needed. To create a list of Unscheduled Appointment statuses, go to Edit > Edit Appointment Statuses; you can add New and select the new Status to show in the Unscheduled Appointment.
Examples: “Urgent”, “Canceled Previously”, “Waiting for Approval”, “Ready to book”
- Also, to help track Unscheduled Appointments, you can now specify a category for each Unscheduled Appointment. Categories are shared between the Scheduler and Unscheduled Appointments, so existing Categories can be used as well to identify what kind of treatment the Unscheduled Appointment is for. When an Unscheduled Appointment is moved to a scheduled Appointment, the Category will follow to the newly scheduled Appointment and can be updated as required.